For many businesses, an online marketing campaign is a relatively new activity. It’s important to have a plan that will optimize the benefits of your advertising efforts as well as to consistently implement it across the board.
However, campaign management doesn’t have to be overwhelming. It can be simplified by organization and consistency. Here are a few simple steps to maximizing the potential of your online lead generation.
- Visualize the Targeted Audience: Since your audience will include those customers who will most benefit from the products or services you’re campaigning for, you’ll need to visualize their interests and needs to target them effectively.
- Optimize your List, Plan your Timing: Identify high quality lead sources. The key to effective online lead generation is not just to have a list, but to make the right contacts to the right people. Reach them when they’re in research mode. Reach them before they know they have a need or problem.
- Build up your Offers: Start by offering information at the first contact, then work up to a free estimate or a free trial, and so on, to keep customers interested.
- Strategize your Content: Reuse any content you have extant that may work for this campaign. Then fit that into the overall network of your plan. Get an estimate of the new content you’ll need, and make a plan for acquiring it.
- Sketch a Follow-Up Plan: Once you have your list and your audience drawn up, you need a plan for dealing with potential customers both during initial contact and after they display further interest. The way to develop this area is by targeting your potential customers’ needs and interests and then varying your approach (whether email, phone or some other means) until you develop the most effective technique for your customer base. Use this strategy to develop your plan, and when it’s complete, stick with it.